Saturday 9 January 2010

The Tudor Book Challenge

Third book challenge of the year I shall be joining will be The Tudor Book Challenge.

This should be easy for me. It takes a year and I'm taking part in the easiest level. I love anything to do with Tudor history. Love it.


This challenge takes place between January 1, 2010 and December 31st, 2010.

The Challenge Rules:

  • You may read your books in any format – e-books, audio books, electronic reader books, and printed books are acceptable.
  • You are welcome to use the books you read for the Tudor Book Challenge in other challenges (where applicable).
  • Books can be fiction or non-fiction, but they must be about or inspired by Tudor England. If you do not know much about the Tudor dynasty, that’s okay. That’s part of what this challenge is about. If you’re lost, try the Tudor Book Resource for some Tudor book suggestions. You can find even more Tudor book suggestions here.
  • You are not required to post a list of the books you intend to read. You may choose them as you go.
  • Bloggers and non-bloggers alike are welcome to participate in the challenge. If you do not have a blog, you will need to review the books you’ve read on some book-related website: i.e. GoodReads, Amazon, Borders, etc. and send in the links (via comments) to be eligible for the prizes. I need to be able to verify that these books were read by you.




There are four levels for this challenge:

King or Queen – You are the ruler of your dominion. You will read at least 11 Tudor-related books.
Nobleman or Noblewoman - You are honorable, indeed. You have earned your title by agreeing to read at least 9 Tudor-related books.
Courtier – You are a rising star in the royal court. You have decided to read at least 7 Tudor-related books.
Commoner – Your role in the kingdom is small but mighty. You are going to read at least 5 Tudor-related books.


I have quite a lot of Tudor related books on my TBR but I'm not a fast reader so I'll be a Commoner for the duration of this challenge. :D

This is being hosted by Michelle from Benedictionary and, if you still want to sign up, go to this post here.


I'm really excited about this challenge. I should be able to do it. And ye Gods, I will! :D  

2 comments:

Nina said...

What a fun challenge. Have fun with it, and I cant wait for your reviews..

NeutralGround said...

Thank you for introducing me to this challenge....as if I don't already have enough to read, lol.

I love your colors on the blog.

Kris