Saturday 25 July 2009

New Reading Challenge - Harry Potter



I've joined a new reading challenge. It's the Harry Potter Reading Challenge! Yayyy!

This is actually kind of perfect for me because I'm a newbie when it comes to Harry. I've never read any of the books and I've only seen the first four films (the 3rd and the 4th I seem to mix up all the time!). One of my personal goals for this year was to read 50 books - That list must include one of the Harry Potter books, so now thanks to this reading challenge, I have an excuse and something to spur me on. :-D

I hate fads which is why I have avoided Mr Potter until this point, but now I'm starting to feel a little left out and feel as though I need a touch of magic in my reading.

This challenge is being hosted by Michelle at GalleySmith, and all you need to do to take part is read or listen to the seven Potter books between 1st August, 2009 and 31st July 2010.

Further details and where to sign your name up are here. Then make a bloggy post about it and link up to the August HPRC here. It's as simple as can be! (Though you don't even need a blog to take part.)

Thank you to Amanda from The Zen Leaf for mentioning this in her blog - otherwise I wouldn't have heard about it. :-D
 

6 comments:

The Bookworm said...

cool challenge! have fun with it, I loved the HP books.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

I am delirious with happiness at the idea of hearing people experience the series for the first time. I'm completely ridiculous, but i just love it! I hope you love them as much as I did. I only read them, after the 6th book came out, in order to get my sister-in-law off my back. I expected to hate them. I was so wrong.

margaret said...

Good luck in the competition!! The books are of course better than the movies :) Can't wait to read your reactions/reviews of the books :)

Rich Mom, Rich Dad. Poor Mom, Poor Dad. said...

I am going to do the walk of shame.. I haven't yet read the HP series, either. I have watched all the movies and loved them, so I know I will love the books even more!

Good luck on your challenge. Wish I could join but I have too much on my to read/review list.

Erin Conrad said...

Oh, you will not be disappointed! Fad or no, these books ARE magical and they will be around for a long, long time. Happy reading!

Ceri said...

Naida - Thank you :-) I'm looking forward to it.

Amanda - I can't wait! I'm genuinely excited about this challenge. I can finally join in and understand all the HP references everyone makes.

Margo - Thanks :-D Aren't books always better? ;-) I expect them to be.

Jaime - I'm surprised at how many people I've discovered that haven't read the HP books too. I thought I was the only one. I'd be missing out on this too if I hadn't already planned to read at least one or two of them this year.

Erin - Thank you :-D I'm really looking forward to it. I guess fads are definitely around for a reason.