Sunday 29 November 2009

GLBT Reading Challenge 2010



Woohoo! So Amanda from The Zen Leaf has managed to save me from complete challenge disaster by introducing the GLBT Reading Challenge 2010.

The same principles as her original GLBT Reading Challenge apply but this time this challenge runs for the whole year round and has three basic levels of participation.


Rules/Guidelines:

The basic idea of this challenge is to read books about GLBT topics and/or by GLBT authors.

The challenge runs year-round, and there will be three levels of participation:
  • Lambda Level: Read 4 books.
  • Pink Triangle Level: Read 8 books.
  • Rainbow Level: Read 12 or more books.
You don't need to choose your books right away, and they can change at any time. Overlaps with other challenges are fine.


There's a reason I've been sucking at my reading challenges: At the beginning of 2009, I decided to challenge myself to read 50 books for the year (not a great amount compared to how many most of you get through). It's the last week of November and I've read 44 books so far. These last 4 weeks mean I really have to knuckle down and get six more books out of the way.

That's the reason I know I won't be able to complete Amanda's original GLBT Challenge.

Next year, I'll be challenge free, so I'm willing to give this one a go. :D

And I'll be determined to do well in it so I'm going to go for the Pink Triangle Level: Read 8 books.

I haven't decided which 8 books I'll be reading yet but this is where I'll keep a record of them:

1) Girl With a One Track Mind: Exposed by Abby Lee
2) My Invented Life by Lauren Bjorkman
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)


Yay! Good luck everyone who decides to join in on this. :D

(P.S. - Amanda, I'm sorry. I had a brain fart and signed up for this challenge via Mr. Linky without posting a direct link to this post. I suck at life. :S )  

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Don't worry, I can go edit your link. :)

The nice thing about levels is you can always go up or down if you want!

Ryan said...

I'm going for the Rainbow Level, when I go for it I go for it.

Natascha De Marco said...

U have an award at my blog!

Ceri said...

Amanda - Thanks, hun. You're a star. :D

Ryan - Yay! I'm so glad you're doing it too. :D

Tasch - Thank you so much, hun. You spoil me.

The Bookworm said...

happy reading :)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/