Thursday 4 February 2010

Update

Just when I begin to ingratiate myself back into the blogging community, something comes along and puts it to a halt.

Apologies for lack of posts here and lack of visits to your blogs too.

My family was dealt with a big blow this week. My beloved nana passed away early on Monday morning.

I'll miss her so much. She was completely full of life, spirit, and soul - everything a true Valleys girl should be. A brilliant sense of humour. And so unbelievably strong.

I think my brothers and I share the same childhood memory of my nana and her house. She loved fried food. In fact, her kitchen smelled of it. Whenever my parents dropped us off at Nana's house for the afternoon or morning, we'd all huddle together on her sofa to watch marathons of Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Willow, or Pete's Dragon, while she cooked us some bacon butties.

She loved to collect things. Her home was adorned with millions of antiques or trinkets and knick-knacks that she'd recieve or send off for. And she was a big knitter. She'd knit and make toys for all her grandchildren. Little dolls or teddies. Anything she could find a design for.

She really was amazing.

I miss you already, Nana. xxx

 

11 comments:

Amanda said...

*hugs* :(

serendipity_viv said...

I am so sorry to hear about your nan. I actually know how you feel as my nan passed away on this week last year and as it was so sudden, we still struggle to come to terms with it. My best advice for you is to remember all the good times you had with your nan and cherish the things that she gave you.
Big hugs.

Nina said...

I agree with Vivienne 'remember the good times'!

Unknown said...

I am so so sorry for your loss ((HUGS))

B.Kienapple said...

So sorry for your loss, Ceri.

Melody said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Ceri. {{{Hugs}}}

Michelle said...

Oh, honey! I am SO sorry for your loss! It is never easy losing a beloved grandparent (I lost my favorite grandfather when I was thirteen), but the memories they created with their love and support are enduring. You will always think of Willow, or Pete's Dragon, or Bedknob and Broomsticks with fondness because of her.

My thoughts are with you and your family! {{{HUG}}}

Violet said...

Sorry to hear about your loss Ceri. You have a lot of good things to remember her by.

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs and good thoughts to you and your family.

Ceri said...

Thanks everyone for your wonderful words or support. ((hugs))

The Bookworm said...

I'm so sorry Ceri.
It sounds like you have some wonderful memories to cherish.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/