Monday 26 October 2009

A Bundle of Everything

I feel as though there are a bunch of little things I want to say but none of them deserve their own post so I'm going to bung them all together here. :) As a result, each section might seem a little random.

First of all, I intend to write at least one review by the end of the day for my recently read books so my apologies if I clog up your Google Reader.


~*~*~




A BIG WELL DONE TO ALL WHO TOOK PART IN THE READATHON THIS WEEKEND!

Seriously guys, I couldn't have done what you did. I get very easily distracted or end up falling asleep after reading for more than an hour in one place. You all did amazing jobs - I'm in complete awe. Give yourselves a pat on the back.


~*~*~


I have five days to finish Interview with the Vampire for my R.I.P. Challenge. That might not seem like a lot to those of you who read at the speed of light but yikes! I'm determined to finish at least one challenge this year and this seemed like the easiest to take on. I actually forgot how heavy Anne Rice's writing is. Oh well, crossed fingers!


After that, I'll be 10 books away from my 50 book challenge. Five a month so plenty of poking my nose into pages for the rest of the year.


~*~*~


A few weeks ago I wrote a 'random post' that seemed to come out of nowhere about the fact that I had no idea what I really wanted to do with my life and who I was. I actually got a whole bunch of comments I wasn't expecting - you guys gave me some really supportive words and made me feel better about myself so thank you so much. :) It's amazing how great a bunch of internet friends can make you feel.


I think I weighed up all my options for what I'd ideally want in life and what I'm comfortable with:

- I'm opinionated and enjoy expressing my opinions through writing.
- I have subjects I care passionately about and would love to spend my life writing about them (film, books, class, economy, environment).
- I want the freedom to live anywhere I want and travel as much as I want.
- I don't mind working extra jobs.

Yesterday I started a part-time job at a jewellers. It's not much money and it's never going to get me around the world, but it's currently enough to support me while I explore the option of freelance writing. I like the idea of writing about different subjects for different publications/websites/blogs and I'm keen enough to just go for it. :)


~*~*~


Most of you know who this man is, right?


Why is he supporting these idiots who are fast making their way to the final of The X Factor? The man produces the show - if he doesn't like them, why can't he just throw them off?

Those of you lucky enough to be in the US and don't get The X Factor on your tellys on Saturday night, please, click this link (go ahead, click it) and see what the British public keep voting in to stay. *slaps forehead*


~*~*~


This made me laugh . . . A LOT.


This comes from a hilarious website - Lamebook. One of my new favourites. :-D

 

15 comments:

Sandy said...

LOL. That's sort of like fmlife.com... Anne Rice does have a heavy writing style! Did you ever read Vittorio the Vampire or Violin? I still don't totally get them o__O; And I reread Violin twice!

Everyone knows how Simon is. As much as I think he's a blunt jerk, I admit that I like how he always cuts to the chase when the rest of the judges just sit there and think: "How I can I lightly let this contestant down?..."

Simon: "An atrocious display and I hope you never come back, period."

Ouch. Yet right on the money! x3

Good luck with freelance writing! You have a lot of subjects to choose from and that's pretty awesome :D

Amanda said...

Ok that lamebook thing really cracked me up.

Lauren said...

Cool post. I totally love the part about what you ideally want in life. I know it's going to make me reflect on my own choices, since over the last three years I've succumbed to the 'get a proper job' pressure and I'm really wishing I hadn't. Go with your heart!

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

OMG! I HATE THE TWINS! I don't know why he just doesn't kick them off either! It is sad because some really talented people get kicked off while those 2 stay! UGG!!!

You should remember that NOT all those who wander are lost. I've been a wanderer through many jobs and countries and such. people tell me i need to be settled, but that isn't ME. I'm a traveler and a person who tries her hand out at just about everything! Go for it! Life the life you've imagined!

Melody said...

I like your list about what you want in life, Ceri! And I wish you all the best in everything you do, girl! :)

Jenny said...

Wow, good for you on the freelance writing thing - keep us posted, brave lady! :)

Michelle said...

Ceri - Feel free to clog my Reader! I LOVE your posts and can't wait to read them. Anne Rice is heavy but fun. Good luck finishing the book this week! More importantly, good luck with freelance writing! Everyone deserves the chance to do what you truly want to do in life because life is too short to be stuck in a job you hate. I've been debating about looking into finding some writing jobs myself but have no idea where to look so I will enjoy reading about your progress in this field!

Sarbear said...

Oh my gosh, that is funny they did that to that guy -- wouldn't shut up about Twilight, hehehe... : )

How are you liking working at the jewelers? It sounds like it could be a fun job. You should write a book, Ceri. While you're working at the jewelers, I mean.

Alyssa Kirk said...

Keep up the random posting. It's fun, interesting and creative. And a great outlet for your miscellaneous writing cravings!

Natascha De Marco said...

The last thing is wonderful!! HAHAHAHAHA

serendipity_viv said...

I have a set of twins and if they turn out like the twins from The X Factor, I will disown them!

The Bookworm said...

Interview is one of my favorite books, enjoy it :)

We dont have Xfactor over here in the U.S. lol. Thank goodness!
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

3m.michelle said...

I was surprised at how much I liked Interview with the Vampire. Hope you get to finish it!

Melissa said...

Congrats on making it through the readathon. I have no attention span either and know I would have a hard time with it!

Ceri said...

Penguin - I love fmlife.com :D Thank you for the good luck.

Amanda - You should check out more. Some people are so funny! :D

Lauren - Yeah. Now that I've finally cracked under the 'get a proper job' pressure, it's made me realise I really don't want to be doing that. I need to be doing something I'm passionate about. :)

Mary - Hahahaha! I know - the viewers seem to love who the judges hate. Why??? Mary, that last bit about wandering and finding something for myself was so nice. That really inspired me. Thank you so much.

Melody - Thank you very much. :D

Jenny - Thanks, I will do. :D

Michelle - Thank you. I will definitely update my progress :)

Sarbear - It's alright. I think with sales jobs, I'm up and down about them - I don't like to push people to buy things they don't necessarily need (or want) so it can be hard when you have targets.

Alyssa - Thanks. Glad someone's enjoying them. :D

Taschima - Hahaha! I know, right? You must visit that website - it's hilarious.

Vivienne - That made me PMSL!

Naida - I'm enjoying it so far. :) Haha - yeah, you guys are lucky you don't have to see the twins' faces every day on the front of the newspapers!

Michelle - Hopefully I will. I'm enjoying it so far and eventually hope to get there to the end. :)

Melissa - Haha, yeah, my mind wanders terribly.