Wednesday 26 August 2009

The R.I.P. IV Challenge


So much for 'Wordless' Wednesday, eh?

I've been seeing this challenge around a lot of the book blogs and thought I'd keep out of it because I already have a ton of things to read and am lagging behind badly on my Classics Challenge and my GLBT Challenge.

But I went over to Stainless Steel to see what the specific rules were and noticed that there was the option to read only one or two books if you wished. So, I'm going to do it! :-D

This challenge is perfect for me anyway because my favourite genre is horror/thriller and I have a ton of spooky stuff on my TBR to read. I've chosen to do Peril the Second which means reading two books of any length, from any subgenre of scary stories that I choose.


The genres you can choose to read in are:

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural
.

I can't wait to get started.

1) Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin
2)

I already know that one of the two books is going to be Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger which is released in September. This is supposed to be quite spooky and haunting and I can't wait.

I haven't decided on my second read yet. I've got a ton of Stephen King and Anne Rice books to read. I've also got two books by Christopher Pike that my man lent me and, of course, some more Kelley Armstrong and Brian Lumley books to choose from. Oh, and the third Twilight book is also still on my TBR pile. The possibilities are endless. I'm so excited about this.

Stainless Steel Droppings is hosting this challenge. To find out further details and information go here. And to post your reviews, visit this site. I'm be updating this post with review links as I do them.

I hope you guys join in too - You don't even need a blog. It sounds like so much fun.  

12 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I am so glad you came over and checked it out and decided to join. I love keeping things laid back so that people can have fun doing it and yet not be burdened with yet another commitment. Thanks so much for taking a chance and joining in. I will definitely be reading Her Fearful Symmetry as well and I really cannot wait!

Wanted to also tell you that I love your blog header. Such a great design.

Amanda said...

I just saw your comment to me that you couldn't join, so I'm so glad you found a way to sign up! Yay!

Ceri said...

Carl - Thank you. :-D That's so nice of you to take the time to visit the post/blog too. That means a lot. I can't wait for Her Fearful Symmetry. :-D

Amanda - Yay! I look forward to your reviews on this challenge too :-D

DesLily said...

it sounds as if you have plenty to choose from.. it's fun reading all the reviews!

gautami tripathy said...

The best part is to have fun! Happy reading!

Here is my RIP IV read list

The Bookworm said...

have fun with the challenge! I like both Stephen King and Anne Rice. Interview With the Vampire is one of my favorites. And King's Misery is fantastic.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Melody said...

Yay!!! You joined, Ceri! :D
Oh, I'm a great fan of Christopher Pike and I can't wait to see which title of his books you'll choose for this challenge. ;)

Care said...

I couldn't resist this challenge, either. and you've reminded me of a book I have that I could include in my choices post...

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Even though I'm lagging in some challenges as well (even the challeges I'm hosting--including the classics) I don't think I can resist this one either. If you can't beat em, join em, right? :)

Ceri said...

DesLily - I definitely have a good range to choose from. I can't wait to read the reviews of everyone :-D

Gautami - Yup - I'll definitely be having fun. :-D Thank you. You too.

Naida - Yeah, I love IWTV. I read it when I was in my teens and it's on my TBR to re-read again. Misery is such a good one - that was one of the first King books I read when I was about 13 and it scared me so much. :D

Mel - Yeah, I'm looking forward to him. I hadn't come across him until recently. You like him? Then I can't wait to find out more. :D

Care - Which book is that? :-D

Trish - Definitely my motto. :-D

Nikola said...

I think I might just do this! :)

Ceri said...

Nikola - Yeah, do it! :-D I'll look out for your reviews then too.