Tuesday, 11 August 2009
(Courtesy of Mimi from Queen of Memes)
Forty years ago this week, three days of peace, love and rock 'n' roll (and mud) happened near Bethel, New York. It was the summer of 1969.
Attire: Hippie jeans, Long hair, Legal or illegal smoke, Psychedelic vibe.
The scene: You are at Woodstock. You go alone but meet up with a beautiful man/woman. You spend three days together.
Put yourself inside the peace & love vibe. You can choose to be stoned or straight. I put it in the story for the sake of reality. Just don't inhale in this meme.
This is the conversation you have upon meeting or you can make it into what you overhear others say. It makes no sense and has no continuity by design.
You must fill in the familiar blanks to finish the story. Some are song lyrics. You may use more than one word to fill in the blanks.
Oh! I forgot to tell you (must be the smoke in here). You have a new name. It must be a combination of the first letter of your first name, the third letter of your middle name and the last letter of your last name.
1. Hello, my groovy name is Cuy.
By the looks of those flowers in your hair, you must be pretty radical.
Didn't they tell you? No squares allowed!
2. Come on, Baby, light my soul on fire with your bad self.
When I lay me down to chillax, I pray the Flying Spaghetti Monster my eyeliner to keep.
If I cry before I wake, I pray the Flying Spaghetti Monster my face to take.
3. Because the first time I ever saw your chest hair I realised that what the world needs now is abolishment of razors, sweet abolishment. Besides, I always feel guilty watching you watching me shave my own legs when I should be growing long, luxurious forests.
But I dig it!
4. Have I told you lately that I dig you? Hey! Don't step on that cat's tail!!
Dude. That guy is really weird but not weird enough for me.
5. There's a party in my sleeping bag and half a million of my lhama friends are coming over tonight and we're gonna try and throw my baby off my mind. Darn the luck. It's raining salmon and trout.
Luckily, Papa was a rolling stone impersonator and I'm on a first name basis with the cops. **puff puff**
6. I'm really digging your big butt but that chipped nail varnish has got to go. Those flowers in your hair are beginning to smell like opal fruits.
Have I told you lately that I like to smell you? **puff puff**
7. I'm beginning to see pandas in those trees over there. Do you see it? Out of all the millions of hippies here, you are the most stubborn.
But I dig it, man. **puff puff**
8. I'd use all my blood, sweat and taste buds, just to get next to your looking glass.
Love is free but I'd really like to buy that guy's neck brace.
It says "Make ketchup, not mustard." Far out!
9. I'm grateful to be young 'cause there's a bad vibe rising in Jefferson's Airplane. But that's okay, 'cause Joe Cocker said I could get by with a little pinch of smelling salts from my friends.
10. Oh, by the way, your Spider-Man pants are on fire. But I dig it.
I was in a really weird mood when I filled this out. Blahhhh. Mimi says I might stay out of the dungeon if I post a picture of myself in hippie clothes.
I'm not old enough to have attended Woodstock but did go through a mad hippie faze in college (and still have a little hippyness to me). I'm not going to post pictures of me in those clothes though because I was a little 'bigger' back then but I wondered whether I still get points for showing off my awesome hippie peace tattoo which I've had for four years.